Texas Lawyers Taking Action for Workplace Injury Victims
Houston · Texas · Nationwide
Have you suffered a workplace injury resulting in lost time from your job?
You may have been told that workers' compensation insurance was your only means of financial recovery. This, however is not true for all workplace injuries.
To examine all your options after a serious workplace injury that may have involved negligence, it is important to contact a personal injury attorney experienced in pursuing third-party liability claims. Call The Svambera Law Firm, PLLC, in Houston at 866-722-9288.
Workplace Injuries and Conditions
At the law firm of The Svambera Law Firm, PLLC , our Houston workplace injury lawyers are deeply committed to the principle that every workplace should be safe. We aggressively represent many victims of workplace accidents and injuries, including:
• Burn injury victims
• Electric shock/electrocution victims
• Those suffering from mesothelioma, other asbestos-related cancers and asbestosis
Our Houston Workplace Injury Attorneys Can Assess Your Legal Options
Most employers are required to carry some form of workers' compensation insurance. This is designed as a "no fault" system in which employees are compensated for their injuries whether or not the injuries were caused by employer negligence. State laws also protect employers against lawsuits based on negligence resulting in on-the-job accidents. Many workplace injury victims suffer because their workers' compensation claims:
• Are disputed, denied and delayed by employers and insurers
• May result in payment of medical costs and a portion of lost wages, but do not provide any compensation for pain and suffering or other serious consequences
Many employees injured in on-the-job accidents cannot recover compensation from outside of their state workers' compensation system from their employers for their injuries. However, there are many cases in which an industrial accident - such as a plant explosion - justifies a third-party claim. This means the victim may be able to file a lawsuit against someone other than the employer, such as:
• The manufacturer of defective equipment
• A contractor or other responsible party whose negligence causes injury in a construction-site accident
• Architects, consulting engineers or safety consultants
Please contact us to discuss your serious workplace injury in a free consultation. We collect attorney's fees only if we take your case and succeed in obtaining compensation for you.
Se habla español
Damos la bienvenida a clientes que hablan español y contamos con representantes que hablan español con fluidez, quienes lo podrán asistir.